Sunday, May 8, 2011

Our Sacred Honor (Remembering Our Noble Heritage)

As our fore fathers cried out tyranny Standing firm with no apology

Give me liberty or give me death echoed through the colonies

A shot was heard round the world, a midnight rider gave the sign

The British are coming, the British are coming, stand true it's time

An out numbered, out armed body united itself under a new identity

Crying if you "Tread On Me" you surely are my enemy

Although many lives were lost and it seemed the war almost was as well

It is because of their courageous sacrifice that I have this story to tell

So why did they stand up for your freedom, why did they roll up their sleeves and fight?

To declare to the world we are endowed by a Creator with unalienable rights

That among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for all

Americas destiny was in the making and they heeded the call

Today their spirit lives on in a new revolution

In those who say you will not abandon my God or Constitution

You will not tax me to death, you wont lie to my face

Im standing firm and there's no way to knock me out of my place

I will restore our principles and show America where lies the real treasure

And To this I pledge my sacred honor forever and ever

No comments:

Post a Comment